Saturday, June 4, 2011

One down, the rest of my life to go.

Michelle sent me a program to get ready for the next 1/2 marathon. For five days this week, I'm to jog 1 minute and walk for 4 minutes until I get to 30 minutes. Distance isn't as important as time. I've decided to record my routes on dailymile.com. Notice the log on the side bar. It's pretty cool. Keeps me honest. The thing I like that best about this site is that I can map the routes I want to take/too and it will determine distance, time, how long it takes me to do a mile, etc. Not too shabby.

Today I went 1.92 miles. It took me 34 minutes 13 seconds. I've averaged a 17:49 mile. I made could make fun of this. Who knows, maybe I'll look back at this in the future and giggle, but for now, I'm going to be proud of myself.

I'll leave you with a few of the thoughts I had when I was out this morning:

  1. Jogging sucks
  2. Where did I put that moleskin?
  3. I really hope that's DOG poop I just walked by!

No comments:

Post a Comment