Saturday, June 4, 2011

Reality Check

It's time for a reality check. I'm 37, I'm overweight, I'm unhappy. It's reality. I can't do anything to change the fact that I'm 37, I actually like that part. However, I can change my weight and I can change my mood. I've done it before.

I lost 75 lbs. ten years ago. I looked fantastic. I felt fantastic. I got pregnant and gained 50 pounds. Then 1 1/2 years ago, I got pregnant, again, and gained another forty pounds.

I don't look as fantastic. I don't feel as happy. It's my fault. I allowed myself to eat everything. I convinced myself it wasn't a big deal. I was wrong. I've been wrong about a lot of things in life: the blue eyeliner, that perm, and those acid washed jeans. Virtually forgotten about. However, this weight thing sticks with me every day.

I need to do something about it. I have to. I don't like me anymore. I signed up for a 1/2 marathon with my sister, Michelle. I did it. I didn't train for it very well, but, I finished it. Walked most of it, jogged a bit. But, I did it. I felt great about myself. I hurt a lot. I mean A LOT! I still feel great about myself.

I am signing up for another 1/2 marathon with my sister Michelle. It's in Omaha, in September. I'm going to do a better job. I'm going to prepare. I won't be at my goal weight for a long time, but, I'll be closer.

I'll let you know how I am doing. I plan on blogging to keep me honest. To keep me motivated. To keep track of myself. Join me.

Currently, I weigh blabbity-blah-blah(insert real weight here) pounds. I don't like it. I don't tell people. My husband doesn't even know. He thinks I' beautiful. I think he's delusional.

I'm going for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment